CSCC is hiring a student for the position of:
MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
- College or University Student of Marketing, Business, Communications, Economic Development or related discipline, or having had direct work experience within the mentioned sectors,
- Confident communication skills with an ability to prepare business correspondence, newsletters, social media posts and communicate confidently and clearly with telephone inquiries
- Organized, efficient, resourceful and dependable,
- Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines,
- General administration skills including use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Outlook),
- Knowledge of the Canadian Slovenian business and/or cultural community preferred,
- Knowledge of other business associations, economic development offices or non-profit associations is an asset,
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
This position is funded through the Government of Canada – Canada Summer Jobs program. Therefore, applicants must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Work under supervision of the board of directors to meet and implement the Canadian Slovenian Chamber of Commerce short-term and long-term objectives, including business and cultural projects within the time period of employment,
- Advise, support and solicit direction from the board of directors through regular communications and meetings,
- Plan, organize and oversee tasks related to daily operations of the Canadian Slovenian Chamber of Commerce,
- Develop and maintain records of Chamber members, partners and key contacts. Maintain records of communications, events and activities.
- Maintain and report accurate accounts of the finances; manage monthly cash flow and budget statements.
- Organize, attend and act as a secretary for all Canadian Slovenian Chamber of Commerce meetings during the time of employment. Prepare and distribute notices, agenda, reports and minutes for meetings and provide regular updates on activities.
- Help build trust within the community, develop relationships with membership and keep members informed through regular communications, news bulletins, security alerts, meetings, and networking activities. Solicit feedback and respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist with networking with other business associations to acquire information and ideas and to establish contacts.
- Maintain and regularly update the Chamber website with news and other information relevant to membership.
- Help to ensure compliance of accepted business practices, contracts, government regulations, employment standards and bylaws.
- Assist in developing partnerships and sponsorship arrangements to strengthen the profile of the Chamber and generate revenue.
- Assist in development and execution of all cultural and community activities organized or directly supported by the Chamber
- Additional related duties as mutually agreed upon by the Canadian Slovenian Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Duration and Hours of Work
- Work term will be between seven and fourteen consecutive weeks
- A minimum of 20 to a maximum of 40 hours per week
- Office Hours of Operation are generally between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but may require flexibility during events or special projects.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter by June 1, 2016 to Simon Pribac, email@example.com
For additional information please, call 416-580-9052